Friday, December 3, 2010

Introducing our third new DT member........


Jane Howden

 

Here is Jane's bio.......

I'm a SAHM to two wonderful children (17 and 12) and live in Gosford on the Central Coast of NSW. I have been scrapbooking now for over six years, using a mix of traditional paper, digital and hybrid methods, mixing my pages equally amongst these styles. Scrapbooking is a very large part of my life and I participate in a number of forums and challenge sites both here in Australia and overseas. I also attend regular crop nights/days with a group of committed scrappers from my own community and participate in several retreats every year. I am always keen to learn new things and share what I know with others. I have a strong work ethic, am structured and organised and am enthusiastic in most everything I do.

For over two years (4/08 to 6/10) I was part of the support and teaching team at Get It Scrapped!, an online class and memory keeping site out of the US, where apart from overseeing classes, I was offering up my own monthly sketches and psd templates, organising the site's annual birthday celebrations, co-hosting several yearly blogging events, setting up and participating in online crops, issuing a series of monthly product and layout challenges as well as general participation and encouragement to members in the site forums. I gave up my involvement there at the end of June so I could concentrate more fully in recent months on my daughter who is currently undertaking the Higher School Certificate examinations for Year 12.

I have been published at Scrapscene and have recently been guest host for challenge #145 at How much is too much.

In 2011 I will be presenting a free monthly year long class on Scrap Beginnings called "Your place in the sun" which will be focusing on how we fit within our own community and neighbourhood.

Please visit my personal blog. I have a slide show embedded here which contains a selection of my layouts for you to view. I lean towards a clean, simple style where the pictures and journaling speak louder than the embellishments.

-Jane Howden

Pretty impressive hey! I think we are pretty lucky to have Jane on the team especially with this extensive scrapping resume. Please welcome Jane to 'From Screen 2 Scrap' - Shazza

Here are some of Jane's favourite layouts....

Art


Country Girl



1st Home


Pierce Brosnan


Jane I really loved your 'Shaken and Stirred' layout that won my
'Celebrity Hunk' challenge at Soul Scrappers :)

Could everyone introduce yourselves to Jane and welcome her to FS2S

TFL

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jane...I'm enjoying your clean & uncluttered style!! I struggle with 'white space' myself!!LOL!! That's one impressive resume! I'm looking forward to picking up some tips from you in the near future!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages! That Shaken and Stirred Layout is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pages Jane :) Hi and welcome to FS2S, looking forward to seeing your upcoming creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane, love your work, and a Country Girl would be one of my favs, I am looking forward to seeing your subs each month and welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your layouts - they are each quite different! I love your Shaken not Stirred layout - it's a fantastic page, not only because Pierce Brosnan* is on it - it's so well designed too!!! :D :D :D

    *What a honey!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jane! love your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete