Thursday, October 1, 2009

this DT example is from...

Marisa Page - Luxor




My inspiration came for the Egypt ->Pharaoh -> mummy -> sand -> jewels.
So I selected patterned paper that had a travel theme but a sand colour.
I also raided my first aid kit for some gauze which I soaked in coffee to give it an aged look, this also gave the layout that mummy feel
and then I added some jewels. I also loved the Prima flowers has they had a very rustic look to them. Had fun with this challenge.

What a fantastic idea to use gauze, very creative Marisa, Love this page I think it has come together perfectly and is a really great take on the poster and criteria - Shazza

6 comments:

  1. Marisa, this is a beautiful layout! I love the travel paper and the addition of the gauze! Those flowers look gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome marisa, love the gauze, love all of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome LO love the gauze idea...the flowers are fab...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Amazing! love the gauze what a great idea! All over fantastic page! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marissa love this, the gauze is a great idea and frames the photo beautifully

    ReplyDelete