Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ta Daaaaah!! Ali's Submission for August

At last Ali's first submission for the August challenge at From Screen 2 Scrap can now be uploaded after she has had weeks of computer problems! It must have been so frustrating, getting a new DT poisition and being unable to participate, but alls good as we now have her gorgeous layout to share and give you all some added inspiration.

Ali Coles - I love Elephants


This is what Ali had to say: For this page I used the heart from the poster as my main inspiration. As my computer was down I was limited to the photos in my camera and I chose this one of me feeding the elephant at the Zoo. It was amazing to get so close to such an awesome animal. I thought the poster was quite dark so I used dark colours and used the red to brighten things up a bit! I distressed the edge of the black card with blue acrylic paint and I used Die Cuts with a View Chip Chatter Glitzy chipboard letters. You can't see it on the photo but they are glittered! A few red heart buttons and red ribbon to add a bit of colour and chip board brackets from a QVC kit.
Torn paper - I tore the heart shape out of patterned paper
zig zag - Ric-rac ribbon frame around photo
Single photo - yep!

Well Ali, it was really worth the wait :)
The photo is fantastic, it just gives you a glimpse of whats happening and I love the way the elephant is stretching out his trunk to reach the food! It would have been a great experience! Love your colors and the "Elephant ' word font really suits the theme of the layout. The other DT girls are really going to love this...... from Shazza

Don't forget to get your entries in for this challenge, only two weeks left!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ali! This is fantastic! I love the red heart buttons and the red brackets... looks amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete